Monday, October 18, 2010

Respect-for-the-Aged Day

    In Japan there is Respect-for-the-Aged Day, that is a holiday to thanks to grandmother and grandfather and pray they live long time.
   In this day, many people buy some flower and pass for their mother and father. In addition we go to meet them. This day is September’s third Monday! The day has been changed since 2003. Until 2003 the day was September 15. I don't know why the day was changed, but I think this change is good. It is because every September’s third Monday is holiday. I think this day is very good day. It is because we have to respect older people.

5 comments:

  1. I think this holiday is a good idea as well. Unfortunately, we don't have anything like it in Canada.

    Corrections: "This day is the third Monday in September." "I think this day is a very good day."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the holidays, which has a noble goal
    Such as caring for the elderly

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a great day to thanks to grandmother and grandfathe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. u know this holiday similer in my country holiday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wwaou that's very cool. we don't have this holidays. I think is good to celebrater the old person nice picture(cute) lol :)

    ReplyDelete